The American holiday tradition for centuries has been to wake up early, beat the lines, flood the stores, and buy every product our families and friends could possibly want for by Christmas Day or one of the many giving-holidays that we celebrate.
Anything from Black Friday to Christmas Eve has people trampling each other to death, fighting and berating one another over the same television or the last of what’s on a shelf, to the point that we disregard that holidays are primarily about getting together, religious and non-religious celebrations, outdoor Winter activities, and time together. What kind of world are we living in?
Well, it just so happens that one of the biggest blessings is upon us: A lack of inanimate objects to waste our hard earned money on for another year in a row while they sit on cargo ships and add to the 2021 supply chain shortage. It’s a gift! Do you know what this means?
We can focus on each other.
Psh, who are we kidding, you’ll still go buy all of your loved ones some kind of presents… and well, so will we. Who can blame us? This is American tradition! Many of us work just so that we CAN give! Alright, alright, you want to know what’s NOT on these cargo ships… we’ll tell you:
Professional Human Services
Hasn’t your loved one been talking about getting into the gym, getting a coach, yoga classes, eating better, learning how to cook, learning a new language, joining that recreational sports team, how bad their neck hurts and they need a massage, all of that stuff… for a long, LONG time? Our local professionals providing real human services are not on these ships, and we can finally prioritize what matters to us and our loved ones most: how happy, healthy, and educated they truly are. We recommend this holiday season, you help your loved one improve as a person by shopping for any of the following services (these are just some of our ideas):
- Personal Trainer
- Private Coach (Golf, Basketball, Soccer, Football, Softball, Volleyball, Tennis, Hockey, Swim, you name it, they’re out there!)
- Physical Therapist / Occupational Therapist / Recreational Therapist
- Recreational Sports Teams (softball, soccer, hockey, flag football, etc.)
- Yoga Classes
- Pilates Classes
- Pure Barre Classes
- Dance Classes
- Bicycling Group
- Hiking Excursion
- Running Coach
- Registered Dietitian (RD)
- Cooking Classes
- In-Home Chef
- Grocery Store Tour by a RD (yes, learn how to shop!)
- Gardening Educator (they’ll come to your house and teach you how!)
- Massage Therapy
- Chiropractic Sessions
- Health Coach
- Wellness Retreat
- Life Coach
- Therapy/Counseling Sessions
- Financial Wellness Classes
- Professional / Business / Executive Coaching
- (Any) Language Teacher
- Online Subscription(s) that can do ANY of the above ^
- A housekeeper (one-time deep cleaning is a huge stress relief)
- Vacation (Air bnb, VRBO, etc.)
For All The Parents Out There
Buy them a babysitter so they can go exercise, go out with friends, each other or their significant other, anything – just someone buy that Mom or Dad a babysitter (maybe even a coupon book for them / multiple days/nights/hours). Parents, you’re welcome.
Now is our highlighted year to support these hard working individuals in our town, their expertise, and begin to absorb some of that into our own homes.